This is the second part of our Strawberry and Lemon Bath Set Tutorial. We love the fresh scent and the cute packaging for this bath salt. We used the canning jar to give the bath salts a summer fresh look and dressed the top with a strip of fabric we got from the Fat Quarter Shop (oh…how we love the Fat Quarter Shop and all their goodies). They have a great selection of summer fabrics including lots of fabrics with strawberries. You can pair your soap and bath salts up in a little woven basket for a great gift.
You’ll Need These Supplies
One 8oz canning jar
1/4 oz of Santa Red colorant
1/4 of of Lemon Yellow Colorant
A 12 inch strip of strawberry fabric
1. Divide your Natrasorb into two. Working in a small bowl add 7-8 drops of lemon fragrance oil to the Natrasorb. The Natrasorb should feel slightly wet and hold together when pressed. Be sure not to add to much or else you won’t have a free flowing bath salt. Repeat the same for the rest of the Natrasorb but using your strawberry fragrance oil. Place the Natrasorb mixture aside.
2. Color your bath salts. Take 3 oz of your bath salts and place them in bowl. Add 5 drops of Red and 2 drops of yellow colorant. Mix in your colorant with a small whisk to cover all your salts.
3. Use your other 3 oz of bath salts and color them using the lemon colorant…about 5-6 drops. You can use more if you want deeper color.
4. Take your Lemon Natrasorb mixture and mix it into the yellow bath salts. Toss your Natrasorb in until you can barely see it. Spread out on some wax paper to dry. About 2-3 hours drying time.
5. Repeat the same using the Strawberry Natrasorb mixture and the red bath salts. Let them dry.
6. Layer your bath salts and Vanilla bath fizz into your canning jar. Pour one color bath salt, the Vanilla bath fizz and then the other color bath salt. Pour any remaining Vanilla bath fizz on the top of the mixture.
7. Place your label on top of the canning jar and wrap with your fabric or other embellishments. We used a 2.25 round label sticker. You can find them here at Online Labels.
To download the labels click the arrow on the bottom of the label.