This week it’s all about love! How about making some super moisturizing bath melts shaped like hearts, for two of course. Slip one of these into your bath and it slowly melts and fizzes into a super rich moisturizing bath. These bath melts are very easy to make even for beginners. Made with the ingredients of both a bath bomb and bath melt it’s an extra dose of bath heaven. The dry ingredients really absorb the fragrance oil making your bath melts extra fragrant. When you are finished making these you can wrap them in a candy foil. If you are going to keep your heart bath melts longer than a few days I recommend putting them in the refrigerator to keep them nice and fresh. This recipe should make between 8-10 heart bath melts.
2 cups of sodium bicarbonate (baking soda)
1/4 cup of shea butter
1/4 cup of cocoa butter
1. Mix together the dry ingredients. Be sure to remove any lumps.
2. Using a double broiler or microwave,slowly melt together the two butters. DO NOT OVERHEAT. You can remove the butters from the heat with a few unmelted pieces in it and stir until fully melted, then add 6-7 drops of your red colorant and stir in.
3. Quickly add your fragrance oil to the dry ingredients and then mix in your melted butters.
4. After thoroughly mixing all your ingredients put them into the heart shaped mold.
5. Put into refrigerator and let cool for 4-5 hours.
6. Wrap in candy red foil
7. To use place into bath and slowly melt. Please be careful when getting out of tub, it will be slippery.
Happy Valentines Day!