Want to make some great gifts for the holidays? These really pretty soaps can be made in any color but I love this sparkle pink! The mold used is a clamshell mold that can be used as a self contained package protecting your soap. The white soap layer on the back of this soap will really let the pink layer shine and give more sparkle. This tutorial is for making 5 soaps
6. Microwavable measuring cup
8. Small amount of rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle
1. Line up your molds and remove mold tops.
2. Cut up all of your clear melt and pour soap base into 1/2 inch chunks and put into microwavable glass measuring cup
3. Put into microwave for 1 minute. Remove and stir any unmelted soap chunks until melted.
4. Add eight drops of tropical red colorant (or more until desired color is achieved). Stir until color is well incorporated into soap.
5. Add your fragrance oil to your colored soap base and slowly stir in.
6. Add about 1/2 teaspoon of glitter to start, add more if you want more sparkle. Stir until your glitter is evenly distributed into your soap.
7. Pour into soap molds only filling each soap mold 7/8 full. You want to save space to create a thin layer of white.
8. Let your soap set for 1 hour.
9. When your pink soap has set take your fork and lightly go over your pink soap layer, scoring in a cross pattern and going to the edges.
10. Cut your white soap base into chunks and microwave for 15 seconds. Stir until all soap chunks are melted.
11. Spritz your pink soap with alcohol and then pour your melted white soap (soap should be about 125 degrees) onto your pink layer and let set for several hours.
12. You can decorate your soap package, it makes a great gift!