I love packaging. When I give a gift no matter how small I want the packaging to almost as much fun as getting the gift. So this year when I made a few candy corn soaps for friends, I really wanted to dress them up a bit and make them look a bit fall festive! So I used a few simple paper techniques to add some punch to my packaging. First you’ll need to know how to make a paper rosette. If you haven’t made one before try this instructional video. Rosettes are great for decorating all types of packaging. Please feel free to download our holiday papers and use them as much as you want…we just ask you use them for personal use only.
To make your Candy Corn Rosette you will need:
1. Candy Corn Stripped Paper (DOWNLOAD BELOW)
2. Candy Corn Label (DOWNLOAD BELOW)
3. Plain black or patterned black paper.
4. Paper Punch (we used EK Success Real Estate Punch) or you can use any 2 inch or larger punch.
5. Scissors or Paper Cutter
6. Optional, a few glue backed crystal embellishments or embellishments of your choice
7. Glue or strip adhesive
1. First use your Candy Corn Stripped Paper to make your rosettes following instructions on the video. Be sure to cut your paper lengthwise.
2. Cut out your Candy Corn Label using a paper punch that is at least 2 inches. Attache your crystals and attach label to rosette with Pop Dot or glue.
3. Using your black dot paper or black paper cut a 2″ x 8″ strip
4. Wrap your strip around your soap making creases around any edges.
5. Glue the back of your paper.
6. Glue the dot on the back or your rosette.
7. Attach to your Rosette to the front of your soap(on the paper wrap)
8. WOW…what a pretty soap!
CANDY CORN SOAP LABEL