Are these ghosts too cute to scare you? We think so, all dressed up in their ties and tags we think they are adorable! Make these fun little guys for your Halloween friends.
SOME TIPS BEFORE STARTING:
1.This tutorial uses black soap paint. When you use black soap paint you must let your paint dry for at least 12 hours before handling again.
2.If you plan to wrap them dab some extra clear soap base over the eyes and mouth so they don’t smear onto your wrappers.
3. It will help if you have someone help steady your ghost body while you paint on the eyes and mouth.
Fine tip paint brush
Fragrance oil or Essential Oil (we recommend Orange Essential Oil, it won’t change the color of your soap)
Brownie pop sticks
Small piece of parchment paper
Tags and ties or your other decorative elements to dress up your ghost
1. Cut your soap into 1/2 chunks. Put three chunks aside.
2. Place the rest of your soap into a microwavable bowl for 1 minute. If there are still large chunks of soap left keep melting soap in microwave in 10 seconds intervals. If there are still small pieces of unmelted soap stir slowly until all soap is melted.
3. Add your fragrance or essential oil to soap. Stir until well incorporated.
4. Pour into mold. Let soap harden at least 3 hours.
ATTACH POP STICK TO GHOST BODY
1. Melt one chunk of soap (about 5-10 seconds) in microwave
2. Insert pointed side of pop stick about halfway into ghost body and remove.
3. Dip your pointed end of pop stick into melted soap making sure the tip is covered with melted soap
4. Put stick back into ghost body and let dry
MAKE THE EYE WHITES
1. Melt the two chunks of soap you put aside previously (microwave about 10-12 seconds)
2. Using a teaspoon drip small pieces of soap on parchment paper, they will make small circles (they won’t be perfectly even)
3. Make 32 drops of soap and let cool (put the leftover soap aside, you will need it)
4. Choose circles that are the same size, you will need 8 pair.
5. If your circles aren’t perfectly round just smooth them out with the tip of your finger.
MAKE AND ATTACH EYES TO GHOSTS
1. After your ghosts are dry remove them from mold.
2. To attach your eye whites melt your left over soap (about 5-10 seconds) and attach eye whites to ghost body with melted soap (like glue)
3. After you’ve attached eyes whites let them sit for 5 minutes
4. With a fine tip paint brush paint on your black eyeballs.
5. Paint your mouth with black paint.
DECORATE YOUR GHOST!