Bamboo with Calendula Soap Bar
The simplest things can be most beautiful. Like this cucumber calendula soap bar, made in an olive oil base. This is a very easy soap to make with impressive results and a great soap for beginners. The key to this soap is keeping every thing scant. Less is more with handmade soap. Using just a drop or two of green to keep the color very light and transparent will give you the best effect. Use just a small amount a calendula so you don't overwhelm the soap. Our calendula is a very rich color so you don't need much to get a stunning effect. The cucumber fragrance used in this soap is light and very "spa like" .
Tutorial Type: Melt and Pour
: Melt and Pour Easy
Makes: 1 soap
- Cut your olive oil soap into ½ inch squares.
- Place into a glass microwavable glass measuring cup and put soap on high for 15 seconds. Remove melted olive oil soap and stir away any unmelted pieces of soap.
- Add one drop of green colorant and stir until color is evenly distributed into soap.
- Stir in colorant..add another drop if desired.
- Drop in fragrance oil, stir in slowly.
- Stir in your calendula petals, only adding a few at a time so they don't clump.
- Pour into mold and let set for at least 4 hours
- Remove from mold and enjoy!
You can try a few other colors with basic recipe. A pink colorant would be nice with the calendula flowers.