The simplest things can be most beautiful. Like this bamboo calendula soap bar, made in an olive oil base. This is a very easy soap to make with impressive results. A great soap for beginners. The key to this soap is keeping every thing scant.
Using just a drop or two of green to keep the color very light and transparent will give you the best effect. Use just a small amount a calendula so you don’t overwhelm the soap. Our calendula is a very rich color so you don’t need much to get a stunning effect. The bamboo fragrance used in this soap is light and very “spa like” .
Here’s what you’ll need to make this soap
5 oz olive oil soap base
teaspoon of calendula flowers
green liquid colorant
10 drops of bamboo fragrance
1.Cut your olive oil soap into 1/2 inch squares.
2.Place into a glass microwavable glass measuring cup and put soap on high for 15 seconds.
3. Remove melted olive oil soap and stir away any unmelted pieces of soap.
4. Add one drop of green colorant and stir until color is evenly distributed into soap.
5. Stir in colorant..add another drop if desired.
6. Drop in fragrance oil, stir in slowly.
7. Stir in your calendula petals, only adding a few at a time so they don’t clump.
8. Pour into mold and let set for at least 4 hours
9. Remove from mold and enjoy!